DRUG / NARCOTICS ADDICTION
We also offer treatment to patients suffering from drug addiction. Be sure your information is confidential. Anonymous treatment can be arranged.
Acupuncture is an alternative approach to smoking cessation. In fact, acupuncture is often a court mandated treatment for drug addicts because of its ability to reduce cravings and alleviate withdrawal symptoms such as irritability, anxiety and difficulty concentrating. It is never too late to quit smoking, but the sooner the better. Here at Laser Acupuncture Centre, we receive a significant amount of patients who want to rid themselves of this nasty habit. Patients requesting help with their Back Pain and Migraines also come in abundance.
Annually, millions try to quit smoking every year but the success rate is laughable. If you have attempted to quit smoking, you know how difficult it can be. Many turned to nicotine patches and nicotine gums for help. Though those do aid in the process of quitting smoking, neither do they help diminish the withdrawal symptoms nor do they eradicate nicotine cravings.
Many people want to quit because of the enormous expense of a cigarette habit or are just plain tired of being dependant on a substance. There is also considerable social pressure not to smoke. Most smokers can recall a dirty look or rude comment from someone that was nearby when they lit up. The reasons to quit smoking are endless. Cigarettes have 43 known cancer-causing compounds. These include nicotine, tar and carbon monoxide, as well as formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic and DDT. Tobacco is the cause of 443,000 premature deaths each year, and is associated with emphysema, lung cancer, high blood pressure, shortness of breath, chronic cough and an increase in frequency of colds and flu.
Fortunately, We can help you!
At Laser Acupuncture Centre, we troubleshoot the Human body to diagnose the root causes and approach the problems holistically and focus on Natural healing. By applying this philosophy and channelling these concepts into our treatment, we are able to decrease your cravings for nicotine and aid you with the withdrawal symptoms. Our treatment involves the combination effects of our class 3b high/low level Laser therapy with acupuncture. The positive feedback we receive is astounding; we only hope more people will discover painless laser acupuncture as an extremely effective means of quitting smoking.
If you are serious about quitting smoking, you could follow the following steps to get you started.
- Exercise regularly. Getting moving is a great way to remind yourself why you shouldn't smoke. Exercise can reduce your stress and help you relax far better than cigarettes. On top of that, by exercising you immediately classify yourself as a healthy and fit individual, which attracts people of similar character, decreasing the social peer pressure of smoking.
- Get plenty of fresh fruit and vegetable juices to detoxify your body and help wash away the toxins that have accumulated in your body over the years.
- Carrots, Carrot juice, celery, leafy green salads and citrus fruits promote body alkalinity and decrease cravings.
- Avoid junk food, sugar and coffee. They can upset blood sugar levels and increase blood acidity which can aggravate smoking withdrawal symptoms.
- Lobelia Tea or Green Tea can be sipped daily during the detox period to keep tissues flooded with elements that discourage nicotine cravings.
- Drink water. Research shows that dryness causes cravings. Sip water frequently throughout the day.
- Practice deep breathing exercises to increase body oxygen and keep calm.
- Schedule your acupuncture treatment!
The above is solely a guideline you could follow to aid you in leading a healthier lifestyle helping you quit smoking. However, it is important to treat the core of this addiction and eliminate it for good. Give our painless laser acupuncture a try!